Solarium Fabric Designs: http://greening-aiken.wikispaces.com/Solarium+Fabric+Designs
- Watered plants and set watering schedule.
- Went over the results of the soil test that we sent to the lab on February 12th.
- The pH is a little bit high in the water feature and northeast beds
- All the beds seem to be a little bit low on micronutrients (iron and manganese)
- Ripped up the tubing and filled tubs to test for possible cracks :)
- Watered plants
- Cut back a lot of dead material and composted it
- Fixed the long section of tubing outside of the tubs and restarted the fountain
- Made plan to look up soil amendments the would be beneficial for our plots
- Some possible products to use:
- Determined that the pest infesting the mahogany trees is a mealybug - need to decide whether to get rid of these trees or not
3/8/18: We finally cut the fabric for the banners! Here are some pictures: File:IMG 8292.JPG width="478" height="360" File:IMG 8290.JPG width="477" height="359" File:IMG 8288.JPG width="485" height="365"
- watered plants with the water from the tubs
- dug up one of the tubs because the water level appeared to be quite low, didn't see any cracks in it though??
- trimmed the mahogany trees - they are really infested and will probably have to be disposed of
- we have been looking at potential trees to replace the mahoganies the past couple of weeks
- right now it's looking like it's between the Chinese windmill palm, the yuca, and the fishtail palm
- we also finally made the banners for the corner! now all we have to do is hang them up!